Friday, February 13, 2004

A Working Writer

I met this guy at the dogpark today.  Well, first I met this guy's dog - then I met this guy.  As our dogs were playing [or I should say, as my dogs were bullying his dog] we got to talking.  He said he actually trained his young Yorkie to [get this] ring a bell at the back door, when he needs to pee.  His house has been 'accident free' for six months now!  This is a sign of intelligence - human intelligence - worthy of deeper conversation.

He mentioned he works at home.  Part of me was disappointed because let's face it, every new dog I meet is a potential client - unless the parent works at home!  So, after the dollar signs faded from my pupils, I asked what he does for work.  And he said he's a writer. 

::perk:: 

Ten-plus years in this town have taught me that could mean anything.  I mean hell, so am I!  I inquired further.  Lo and behold, he is indeed a writer.  An actual living, breathing, working, published writer.  Good for him!  Not only that, he's got a website and a blog!

Oh yeah, I'm linking him!

I asked him three times to tell me his name as I kept forgetting.  He was kind enough to make up name-associations for me.  I told him it was a lost cause, but I did remember his first name when I got to my car. [I'm that bad with names]

When I got home, there was an email from someone I didn't recognize.  I almost sent it to my spam folder till I saw the first name!  He had already been to my website and my journal. [obviously he doesn't have that same name-problem I have]  He was smart enough to leave a link to his website.

OK folks.  Here's where you come in. 

Visit Paul Davidson's website.  Read reviews and see what the critics have to say about his new book. And perhaps even buy the book!

Visit Paul Davidson's blog.  Be sure to leave a comment!  There's a photo of him but honestly, I don't think it captures his essence.  He's a cutie in person.  But sorry girls and boys, I believe he's taken.  If not by a partner, certainly by his beloved Yorkie!

23 comments:

derossetfamily said...

Thats so neat! I'm gonna go check out his site and blog now! :)
~Mary

cw2smom said...

What a great writer to bump in to.....too bad he's taken because you two could make wonderful blogs together! ;) Lisa @ WearinMyHeartonMySleeve journal

sonensmilinmon said...

He's cute! Just don't let Sonny see that I said that! LOL I'm going back now to do some more reading ~ liked his Disney ~ Fri 13th entry. ;)
Smilin Mon

donah42 said...

Hey, he's cute!

krobbie67 said...

That's so funny. When people tell me they are writers, I ask if they do it for a living, or think to myself, uh huh, one of the many trust-fund babies running around LA. Happy VD Freee!!! :-) ---Robbie

andreakingme said...

Oh, how cool! I like how you shared everything. Great narration! That first paragraph sucked me in like Hoover power.

Gonna go check 'em out now.

miarenee24 said...

Okay, I HAD to go visit Paul's website and his blog. He is a riot! I must have his book! And I can remember his name very well, as I am married to a "Paul" :P
Don't feel bad Trish, I too am bad with names unless I use name-associations. When people have a hard time w/my name, I tell them to remember "mama mia" LOL it works!

fyrecracker1 said...

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY, TRISH!!! HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!!

(((LOVE)))

freeepeace said...

Mary - isn't his blog great? I'm really enjoying it.

Lisa - Cute, "make wonderful blogs together." Thanks for the visit and comment. Come back :)

Mon - Don't worry, I'm pretty sure Sonny doesn't even know my journal exists. So your secret is safe in here.

Donah - You should see him in person! ;)

Robbie - Freeepeace <-- trust-fund-baby-wannabe! Ah well, such is life. Happy VD to you too! :)

freeepeace said...

Andrea - You're so good to me. This one was tough - Where are our 25,000 characters already?! I see you Paul a comment. Did you call him by the wrong last name on purpose? Makin' fun o' me?! :P

Mia - MamaMia! Love it! Honestly, when I got to my car, I thought, "Oh crap, if I don't remember his name, Mia will be upset!" But frankly, I sometimes space on your hubby's name too. Are you gonna buy his book? That would be great!

freeepeace said...

Nadine - Awww... Happy Valentine's Day to you ... and to ALL. LoveLoveLove!!

chefgracegeorge said...

Happy Valentine's Day Freeep! Have a margarita or two!!
I like your new friend~ His writing is wonderful, and he's a nice piece of eye-candy too!
I am so excited that you watched Survivor this week! Be careful or you'll get sucked in!

freeepeace said...

Grace!! Nice to see you honey. Happy Valentine's Day. I thought you'd like Paul - he's funny and cute! Great combo! And yeah, I can see how one would get hooked on Survivor. Scary really - I put off one of the last episodes of Friends for it. I must reevaluate my priorities! :) xo

bridgetteleigh75 said...

Ooohhh...you're right. He IS a cutie! Think he could give me some writing tips?? LOL

Love you, Trish Monaco. (Your name is just lovely...sort of rolls right off the tongue. =)

XO ~ Bridgett

sunflowerkat321 said...

I loved the concept for his book - corporate America takes itself SO d*mn seriously! Image, Image, Image! Good for him, taking a poke at them. He IS a cutie pie too!

viviansullinwank said...

{{{{{Freee}}}}} how exciting to have met David. If he's cuter in person than he was in that picture on his website, then he must be some very 'tasty eye candy!' Thanks for sharing David with us! I hope he writes a screen play for a movie and YOU do the sound track!

metski715 said...

Freee,
Thanks for the plug. The book reminds me of 'Letters from a Nut' by Ted Nancy. Both books do the same thing, bug corporate america. I loved Teds two books and will now have to check out Pauls book.
Have a great Sunday!!
:)
chris

babyshark28 said...


well, he is cute. He seems witty. and he sounds interested in you....if not for a date then certainly for your friendship...lol. It sounds all rather exciting, and his blog spot is funny, thought I must admit...confused me a little. But, most likely because I have never seen "Lost in Translation" so yea...his translation got lost with me :)

You sound excited and happy. And that makes me happy. :)

andreakingme said...

Well, shikes! I called Paul by the wrong name? ::Andrea's forehead goes thunk on the desk::

itsjustusinnc said...

Freee you HO!!! LOL! Look at you doin' the pcik-up in the park! MmmHmmm! I'm afraid my caffeine buzz has totally worn off and if I drink another cup I'm gonna puke so I'll have to wait & read his shiznit another day. :-) Hope you had a great Valentine's Day! :-)

Hrehh

slowmotionlife said...

I left him a comment. LOL You're always meeting people [interesting people] in the most bizarro places, hon. The post office, the dog park, the yoga studio. Wow. You must be a people magnet. His book looks pretty good. I'll have to save up and get a copy. :)

musenla said...

I'm just catching up with journal reads but will definitely give him a visit and let him know you sent me!

cste609371 said...

too cute~ I have a sticker my yorkie is smarter than your honor student lololol