Thursday, February 5, 2004

Confessions of a Wishful Blogger

Forgive me Bloggers for I have sinned.  It's been three days since my last post ...

Yesterday I realized my favorite movie of 2003 was recently released on video and DVD.  Not only was Evan Rachel Wood nominated for a Golden Globe in the Best Actress category but Holly Hunter got an Oscar nomination for Best Supporting Actress.  And the DVD has some great enhanced features.  Oh Bloggers, how I covet thy DVD Player.

I finished a roll of film last weekend and keep forgetting to get it developed because apparently the moment is over.  I can't even remember what I took pictures of.  Oh Bloggers, how I covet thy digital camera.

I sleep on a futon on the floor - by choice - and lately I've been tossing and turning during restless nights.  Oh Bloggers, how I covet thy real bed!

My recording session was canceled this week due to heavy rain and I neglected to post it.  Forgive me.  Unfortunately Monday nights are the only nights MusicMan is available to work on my album.  For this I am grateful.  But Oh Bloggers, how I covet thy recording equipment so I can make music whenever the hell I want!

I silently cursed a client who neglected to leave a waterbowl for their two big dogs after conveniently forgetting to pay me for dogwalking services.  Oh Bloggers, how I covet thy baseball bat to knock some sense into my clients!  Fickers!

Disclaimer:  In order for any of this to hold water, one must first believe in the theory of sin and shame.  Lucky for me, neither of those apply. 

15 comments:

irun01 said...

** Oh Bloggers, how I covet thy baseball bat to knock some sense into my clients! Fickers! **


This here, is my favorite and most trusted means of persuasion when dealing with customers . . . . . The trusted baseball bat. Just keep those new socks away . . .

raisinglouisiana said...

Loved this entry, put a big smile on my face.
Love the disclaimer, so true!
Love ya, Penny

diannevan said...

see that... I always knew there was covetnous happening between you and me. Now if only I could get you to covet things other than my bed, bat, camera and DVD players, then I'd really be happy! LOL!!

andreakingme said...

Well, holy smokes, Trish! You can get a DVD player today for around $100. Start saving some moola. And carry that baseball bat so you'll get paid. Don't have to use it . . . just carry it. ::Andrea shrugs because she knows she's being stoopid. Like Trish is going to be able to ALSO carry a bat.::

That said . . . ah, Feep, how I covet thy weather! Thy webcam! Thy beautiful singing voice!

babyshark28 said...

LOL freee. you naughty girl you. shame shame shame. isn't that how the catholic thing goes...one time more for good measure...shame. okay, I hope I didn't offend any catholics...sorry if I did.
Thanks for the link to 13...I sooo wanted to see that movie when it came out. but, I didn't know anyone else who wanted to see it with me...ofcourse, I didn't ask. I just assumed. anyway, I would like to rent it or buy it. linda and candice saw it and they were blown away! me want to see!

freeepeace said...

Sharky, HA! Yes, that's how the catholic thing goes! Can you tell I'm recovering! :P Watch THIRTEEN this weekend. Bridgett's gonna rent it too. An AOL-J Movie Party. We can all discuss it later in chat. [between rolls]

freeepeace said...

Irun, which is worse, the swing of a bat or a sock on the nose? :P

Penny, nice to see you smile :)

DiAnne, What, coveting your bed isn't enough for you? What if you were in it? ::wink::

Andrea, Come to LA, sing as much and as loud as possible and get a webcam for under 50 bucks! There, you're taken care of. And you'd be surprised by what I can carry while walking doggies.

starlitemaker said...

I just covet a full nights sleep...lol. Do carry that bat with you though, one needs paid for neglectful dog owners....take care Freee

Beverly

musenla said...

I heard Thirteen is great, I have to watch out for it on DVD. No need for absolution my dear, these are wishes more than transgressions, even the knocking sense into clueless clients!

krobbie67 said...

Covet not dear one. For you have eyes to see in which to watch a movie and capture a picture, a roof over your futon, and a beautiful voice to make music whenever the hell you want, and who needs a bat when you've got two good fists to pumel the fickers with. Gratitude puts it all in perspective. ;-) ---Robbie

bridgetteleigh75 said...

:::giggling hysterically::: Oh, Trish. This has to be one of your wittiest entries yet! When's your birthday, by the way? And how do you feel about receiving gifts in the mail??? (Oh yea...I'm sly!)

Oh, Fick! (I liked the 'i'). Parker just loaded his diaper. And of course...it had to be right after his bath, clean diaper and butt cream application. :::sigh:::

Love you,
bridgett

freeepeace said...

Beverly! A full night's sleep would be great!

Mara, Thirteen is very well done. It's intense, heavy and deep. Not a light-night watch. I saw it at the Laemmle in Santa Monica. Hoping to watch it again this weekend.

Robbie, thanks for the gratitude-reminder! :)

Bridgett, you're speaking my language girlfriend! I love gifts, I love mail and I love birthdays! May 23rd! [oh, and 'fickers' comes to you by way of SloMo] :)

slowmotionlife said...

Oh Blogger, how I covet thy ability to always write the most witty entries, to keep us forever in awe of your fabulousness. And your tendency to steal my vocabulary. Ficker!!! :P [LOVE YOU, FICKER!!!!!!!]

sepintx said...

"Oh Bloggers, how I covet thy digital camera."

Covet, covet, covet! Good price breaks going down :-)

ondinemonet said...

Trish, Trish, Trish...We fellow bloggers not only forgive you, but cheerfully await your return especially when you give us great honest human funny girl posts such as this one full of your charm and wit! be well, my dear one :) Always, Carly