Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Choosing Ignorance

What do you think it says about a person who finds a missing load of laundry in the laundry room that she didn't realize was missing?

Honestly, I came home from my day and while checking my mail in the lobby, I happened to catch a glance of a pile of clothes on top of one of the dryers in the laundry room.  Something drew me in.  As I approached the pile, I was struck with the realization that they were my clothes

What strikes me even more is, they appear to be petrified - as if they dried inside the washing machine.  There's no telling how long they've been there.  I can't remember when I last used our laundry facilities.  I've been going to the laundry mat next door.  It's more efficient that way. [probably because I've only been doing a fraction of my laundry]  But sometimes I'll use our washers in a pinch.

Anyway ... I had groceries in one hand and Hunny's leash in the other, so naturally, I left the clothes behind.  I figure, what's a few more minutes?  But it's been more than a few minutes.  Truth is, I'm afraid to go get them.  I'm afraid to see the reality of the situation.  I've learned that lesson already today, when I looked out my window to see the workmen have barely put a dent in the drilling project.  It's 75 degrees outside and like a hundred in my apartment!  But I just might hurt someone if I keep my window open with that racket.

9 comments:

musenla said...

What in the world are they drilling out there, anyway? It seems to have been going on for ages! That would've drove me bonkers.

I say if you didn't miss that load of laundry, you can do without it!

irun01 said...

You are the best ever. This made me laugh.

wessolo said...

75 degrees? Good lord, it's 50 in the valley.

Oh wait.

krobbie67 said...

LMAO at this one. I've had clothes stolen from community machines but never this. Too funny! I guess if you haven't missed them yet what does it really matter unless of course someone recognizes something that you've worn and they know it's your stuff sitting there and they're cursing you for not picking them up.
;-) --- Robbie

itsjustusinnc said...

Well, the good side is that you clearly don't need the clothes at all since you completely forgot about them for so long. So screw em! :-) And you HAVE to know those workmen are probably milking that little project for ALL it's worth and then some. You're probably in that one for the long haul.

Gregg

donah42 said...

You know what's even sadder---that no one was even tempted to steal them, despite their petrified state....What does that say about your clothes Freee? Although if they look anything like your shoes....

slowmotionlife said...

I've had that happen to clothes that I take out of the dryer [before they're dry] to make room for more [important] clothes. You'll have to rewash them and redry them. No biggie. Unless they molded... how wet were they?

bridgetteleigh75 said...

LOL ~ you might find a whole colony of living things in that pile of clothes, Trish. =)

I can't believe how warm it is where you are. I'm still wrapped in a blanket most days!!

XO ~ Bridgett

sunflowerkat321 said...

Don't even think abuot the cndition they're in...just stuff them back in the machine. But don't forget to pick them up again this time! :)
Got one or two things on your mind there, Freeeee?