Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Truth - revealed

While every one of these original statements contains a partial truth, only two are completely true.

1. TRUE
I played Lt. Benson in the student film, One Late Knight.  I got shot and killed because I didn't listen to my partner - the star of the movie - played by my then-boyfriend.  [And no, you won't find this movie on DVD]

2. FALSE
I was originally cast to be in a Paula Abdul dance/workout video but after two rehearsals they caught on to the fact that I had no idea what I was doing.  I still laugh when I think of the look on Paula's face as she watched me stumble through the entire rehearsal.  [That made it all worth it for me!]  The premise was to hire everyday street people to give the feel that anyone could workout to the video.  I proved their theory wrong so they ended up cutting those of us without any formal dance training.  No biggie.  One of my roommates made the cut and was in the video.  I was there for the taping, because I worked for the production company.  I would've died.  It was torture for the dancers.  Paula got to rest a lot.

3. FALSE
While it's true I performed in Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre, it's only true that I wondered what would happen if someone actually had a heart attack during the show.  [I wonder the same about Haunted Houses]  But it never happened.

4. TRUE
I'd been in L.A. for three weeks when a friend who worked on the Paramount lot told me one of the "regular extras" on Wings had just left the show.  He suggested I walk onto the set and say, "I want the part."  So I did that - and with no headshot, no resume, no SAG card, no experience, I think I stunned the 2nd A.D. into hiring me.  Five episodes later I was eligible for SAG. [and yes DiAnne, I was an extra!]

~ ~ ~

Shasta almost got it by second-guessing herself.  Andrea, I have a B.A. in Theatre. I moved to Los Angeles to be an actress [the only aspiration I'd ever had]  Ginger, guess you got it half right because of your "2nd cousin" status [nice disclaimer].  Monica, thanks for introducing us to this game.  EVERYONE, thanks for playing.  This was a lot of fun!

15 comments:

diannevan said...

OK, now you have to tell me the names or the story lines of the particular episodes of wings. Your fans insist!!!

slowmotionlife said...

I absolutely SUCK at this game. I swear. Everyone should take note. I stink at catching lies. Lie to me. Lie to me good. I'll never know the difference. LOL

How could I not know these?? We're supposed to be good friends. You're holding out on me, Missy! :P

andreakingme said...

Oh, wow, this was very interesting. Man, I lead a boring life! I don't think I've even SEEN a celebrity before, except on TV. (Local celebs don't count.)

This is why I write. I'm so much more exciting when I give it all a fictional spin!

s0ngbird1962 said...

I watched WINGS all the time.... very cool : ) Totally lmao at the thought of having Paula Abdul watching you stumble around. Great memories....

freeepeace said...

DiAnne, '92-93 season. 1 was xmas episode. me: ticket-taker by glass door and/or behind Roy's counter.

SloMo, No worries. You know the important stuff! :)

Andrea, Glad you had fun. The celeb-thing is really no biggie [unless it is] :P

Michelle, LOL, She was like a secret service agent, giving her "guys" a signal. The next day I got a message on my machine. [cowards] :P And, I'm not a WINGS fan but it's fun if I happen to catch myself in reruns.

babyshark28 said...

ahhhh bummer! guess I missed your pshyche! lol!! :) what an interesting life you have had.

miarenee24 said...

How, neat! I didn't know any of this about you till now :)

bridgetteleigh75 said...

Oh wow, Freee...I really sucked up this game. LOL I don't think I got any of them right. Obviously, need to work on my guessing abilities. But how cool that you were on 'Wings'. I used to watch that show all the time.

Oh...what I would have given to see the look on Paula's face as you stumbled around the floor. LOL That's just such a funny image! Thanks for the chuckle, my friend. =)

~ Bridgett ~

BTW, AI is on tonight at 8 PM if you wanna check it out. =)

musenla said...

Ahhh yes, my 50% hitting streak continues. Somebody break my bad luck please!

clarity4today said...

Wow, you've done so many interesting things! Even the things that were false still involved cool stories. LOL

krobbie67 said...

I don't think I got one of these right! I'm horrible at the guessing end of the game. :-( Oh well, better that no one actually had a heart attack. ----Robbie

itsjustusinnc said...

I've decided to change my answers now to True, Flase, Flase, True. Cookie please! :-)

Gregg

robbygoe said...

I knew them all , LOL ; ) NOT

robbygoe said...

Damn I missed your True or False.

somenuttychic said...

D*mn, a BA in Theatre. Who knew????? Wow! This was a great Truth or Fiction. I learned some more about you!

I was smiling about the Wings "audition" and the Paula Abdul video try out. Girl, you've got a brass set. I love it!