Saturday, January 31, 2004

Time Management

Is it just me or does it take everyone else an hour to comment in your own journals?  It's like responding to email...but a lot more tedious!  When we add a comment, other comments aren't there for reflecting.  So I open a new window to read comments and switch between screens to reply, trying to answer questions, and making sure I don't miss anyone!  Some entries have so many comments I'm just too overwhelmed to respond to them.  So, for those who commented in entries such as Baby's First Audition and I Am Who I Am please know, I read each and every comment.  I appreciate your words and thoughtfulness.

I haven't even had my morning ritual yet.  I thought I'd check my email and respond to a few comments "real quick" before I make my tea and take Hunny out.  That was an hour ago!  I'm trying to be more productive and more efficient with my time.  So I'm keeping track of the time it takes to do certain tasks.  I imagine that could provide me with some great information but the trick is to remember to log the time!  Training my brain to think about stuff like that can be a difficult task.

I am way behind on my journal rounds.  I'm not kidding.  I'm like a week behind!  This is the longest I've gone without pounding the AOL-J pavement.  I love my bloglines but looking at all the new entries waiting for me is both exciting and daunting.  I've got a long list of to-do's but I'm determined not to be overwhelmed by any of it.

So, I'm going to make my tea ... no, make that coffee!  When Hunny and I return, I'm going to get my read-on!

13 comments:

kemh632 said...

I read your Journal. It's very up-beat. I'm a very negative person. It's nice to see your's. Maybe I'll try to up-beat. I don't know how I'll do that. I'll try.

bridgetteleigh75 said...

It takes me FOREVER to read journals and comment! It's a major undertaking. I've tried to limit myself to only doing it twice a week...but then I have SO MUCH MORE READING in the end. Sooo...is there a good answer? If you're like me and can't wait to see what everybody is up to...then I guess we'll just have to deal with it, ey?

By the way....you're always one of my first stops. LOL

Love you, Trish!
Bridgett

mallory4284 said...

I surely don't have that problem! :) Mainly because no one who visits my journal makes any comments. Oh the well, I just have to keep assuming people do read it cause it seems everytime I talk with my friends they make references to my journal, so they must be reading it and just not commenting. Hmm. Anyway, hope you and Hunny had a nice outing!

-- Mallory

itsjustusinnc said...

Getcha read-on, getcha getcha read-on! LMAO! OMG! YES! I know what you mean. I LOVE th ecomments, but DAMN if it doesn't take forever to respond to them. But I figure if peeps were nice enough to comment, it wont KILL me to go around my arm to get to my ass to respond to them. :-)

Gregg

musenla said...

More Hunny close-up pics please! I love that mug!

Bloglines has definitely made catching up less painful. Here's a tip: when I have tons of comments, I highlight all of them, then copy and paste on e-mail so I can read it and respond without toggling between two comment pages.

Happy journal reading!

slowmotionlife said...

Commenting in my own entries is sometimes a chore... but a fun one... I do the 2 window job too. It works pretty well. And Bloglines makes catching up a lot easier as far as journal rounds go. Cute pic of Hunny! She looks like she's in a good mood today. Awww... :)

raisinglouisiana said...

Love the Hunny pic!
I do understand what you mean about reading and
responding to comments and other entries. It was
taking me over 2 hours! I eventually had to scale
back a bit, not that I really wanted to, but it was
necessary there for a while. I want to do the bloglines
but they won't send me a confirmation email! I've been
having postal problems in all forms lately! Snail mail
especially, and now email!
Love ya, Penny

krobbie67 said...

So that's how you people do it. That's why I rarely leave replies in my comment section, I couldn't keep it all straight. So, I just answer specific questions or comments via email if it seems necessary. Well, maybe now that I'm going back to school, I'll try the double windows so I can save time and leave the replies in my journal. Thanks!! ---Robbie

donah42 said...

I can't speak for everyone, but I personally don't expect or require a response to my comments---God, this journal stuff is consuming enough without the added pressure of that! Take it easy on yourself Freee---your entries are your gifts to us--anything else is just a bonus!

andreakingme said...

I *SO* know what you mean about wanting to respond to each and every commenter in your Journal. I've only ever done this maybe twice though, and it took way too long both times -- and both times I sent all of my responses through e-mail.

So, me schmuck. I just don't have the time or energy to respond to everyone. But that doesn't mean I don't appreciate every one of 'em! Because I do.

aims814 said...

Cute picture of Hunny! I DO know what you mean. The days are just not long enough, and I'm getting too old to sit up late at night and do my reading/writing. Talk to you soon, Love you!

s0ngbird1962 said...

Awwww....look at that sweet face!

sunflowerkat321 said...

Great picture..what a sweetie! I know what you mean, the blogging sure takes on a life of it's own and just sucks you in. I don't know whether to write and entry, read other journals, write comments, respond to comments....I just need more hours in a day, because I am hooked!!