Friday, January 30, 2004

Randomosities

Still not ready with the few entries that have been lingering.  I'm wiped out.  I've been busy.  I can't believe it's already Friday!  Where did the week go?

The other day I went to the post office to mail a CD order. [Thank you, Bridgett! check your mail]  While there, I found another order waiting to be filled.  It wasn't till we got to the car when I noticed the sweet essence.  I chuckled, handed the envelope to the ten year old in the back seat, and told him to take a whiff.  He looked a little perplexed at first but trusted me enough to oblige.  As he smelled the envelope, I said, "Smells nice right?"  His eyes lit up and a big grin drew across his face, "Yeah, it does."

This may not sound like such a big deal but he and I are very much alike when it comes to strong fragrances.  We sneeze and gag and make faces when it's just too overwhelming.  But we both had the same experience of this soft scent.  Thank you Robbie, for a pleasant postal experience!

To save money, my roommate and I decided to get joint car insurance.  He told his insurance agent that we were married by "common law."  Honestly, I don't think it makes a difference.  We live at the same address.  That's really all that matters.  But I went along with it anyway.  As we were walking in he whispered, "Now remember to act like a married couple."  So I picked a fight with him right away!  Very convincing.

He said to our agent, "I've been trying to convince her to go to Vegas with me and get married already but her parents won't approve."  The agent nodded with a smile.  I rolled my eyes then said to the agent, "He does this all the time!"  I shot him a look, "Maybe if you start pulling your weight around the house, and stop whining like a baby..."  He just nodded.  Smart man.

14 comments:

itsjustusinnc said...

My my my. Aren't we the little tigress. LOL! Married by common law? How long have you guys lived together anyway? And what's with these lingering entries to which you're making reference? Crank it out! LOL! And incidentally, I checked my guestbook & you're coming dangerously close to being a ho. Word to the wise. LMAO!

Gregg

musenla said...

Ha, nothing like a fight to make it look like you're a real couple, lol. Sheesh, the farce we have to go through to get reasonable car insurance!

Btw, I like your title, Randomosities.

freeepeace said...

Gregg - I read that entry about your guestbook...and it appears that at some point EVERYONE will have been a ho at least once, just by signing. If I sign now, I'll be the last to sign...till the next sucker! Took me a moment to realize you meant "the last person to EVER sign your guestbook..." Guess I'd better get over there. Oh, I've lived here less than a year. And really! He's JUST MY ROOMMATE!

slowmotionlife said...

Woohooo!!!! It's about time that loser made you an honest woman!! LoL tehehe... your wedding gift is in the mail. :P

I have mail coming this week too. Exciting!! New scents to enjoy.

freeepeace said...

Mara, LOL Thanks for the validation on the title. I actually thought it was a real word. I looked it up and everything...in three different places.

SloMo, from what I understand, you have the best kind of mail on its way! Woohoo! Funny, on the way out of the agent's office - after I told Reza to quit it for the 3rd time about Vegas, he said "Why'd you go and do that? She might've sent us a wedding present!" :P

robbygoe said...

ROTFLMAO, California doesn't even have common law marriages.To funny, well it's great that it worked.

miarenee24 said...

<<As we were walking in he whispered, "Now remember to act like a married couple." So I picked a fight with him right away! Very convincing.>> ROFL!!! Oh God, this is SO you! You are SO quick! You really crack me up! :P

derossetfamily said...

LOL at the marriage scam! My old roomate used to love wedding dresses so she'd go into the store and try them all on and just yak away to the sales lady allll about her "fiance", I had the hardest time not laughing at her.
I've yet to have the scent experience from a journaler, but fully intend to once I buy your cd- soon! Have fun acquainting yourself with the hairbrush!
~Mary

krobbie67 said...

Ah, I'm glad you liked it. It's my favorite perfume Anaïs Anaïs. With Slo and you talking about sniffing mail and analyzing writing I was feeling a bit intimidated, especially since I was having a bad handwriting day that day. So....Where's my CD? ;-) ---Robbie

ondinemonet said...

Hearing in my head U2s "With or without you." LOL. What a neat entry. :) Always, Carly :)

viviansullinwank said...

Freee you guys are already fighting like married people ROFL Loved this entry!

freeepeace said...

Robbie, Ahh, when I wore perfume [ages ago] Anais Anais was my favorite - light, sweet, soft. I'm having your handwriting analyzed as we speak :P And your CD is in the mail!

Carly, Great song. It's always wonderful having you visit and comment. Thank you love! xo

Vivian! My roommate's a great guy. He's easy to fight with. He's like my brother...we love each other but we're not close friends. I like it that way.

freeepeace said...

Robby, that's why I knew our relationship didn't even matter. It was fun playing though.

Mia, I was blessed with a quick wit. My dad and I used to cut each other down all the time - see who could one-up the other. It was the only way I was allowed to express my anger - so long as it had a laugh at the end.

Mary, What a great way to spend a day. I love going places as some fictional character. Keeps me on my toes. :P You want mail? What's your address? :)

bridgetteleigh75 said...

Freee, daahhh-ling. I received your CD last night! Already listened to it twice....I love the lyrics...and the music....and your passionate voice. =) Doug even wants to 'borrow it for awhile.' LOL

Would have loved to watched you and your roomie play 'a married couple.' LOL You're too cute, Trish. =)

XO ~ Bridgett