Thursday, January 15, 2004

New Baby [music]

[continued from above]

Andrea asked what I like about this song.  [good question]  There are two things I really like about it.  1) It's fresh, new energy - that's always exciting.  2) It's rhythmically driven - as opposed to lyrically.  To me, it's a journey, like a drive up the coast on a crisp clear day with the windows down.  This song is all about the production.  That means, this version is just a teeny-tiny taste of its truest potential.  I hear the drums, the three-part harmonies, the electric guitar, and the long, drawn-out fade at the end.  And, as always, I'm writing to Spirit.  Lyrics get channeled and I give them right back.

CLICK TO PLAY SONG

I'm With You  [Trish Monaco 1/12/03]
 
There comes a time
when I get tired

Nothing in the world
seems to
ease my troubled mind

crawling walking running
so far
I can't see
the past behind me

Turn around and
one split moment
I believe

ooohoohooh
I'm with you
ooohoohooh
I'm with you
 
I look around and I think
Oh my god, don't you know, don't you know, can't you see
Nothing more you need to be
Nothing less to set you free
the beauty's in the deep
 
[One] step closer - turn around
you're right in front of me
 
ooohoohooh
I'm with you
ooohoohooh
I'm with you
 
Now and then I wish my tears away
Holding back the pain from yesterday
I remember [I remember]
 
ooohoohooh
I'm with you
ooohoohooh
I'm with you

9 comments:

robbygoe said...

Yeah you are right the music is awesome. I loved it. To bad it won't be here forever.

andreakingme said...

Well shoot. You've made it sound too good here with what you like about the song. And the words of the song make sense (always a plus). Oo-ee-oo-ah-hah!

So I'll guess I'll be downloading after all. You brat!

ondinemonet said...

OHHH Trish...lovely! Love, love, love the lyrics! :::Smiles:::

babyshark28 said...

nothing seems to want to buffer tonight. but, I can read your words. and they are awesome! "Nothing less to set you free, the beauty's in the deep" ahhh very very nice. even not set to music.....very very nice. :)

musenla said...

I love the lyrics. They're deceptively simple, but means a whole lot more. I can't wait until you have your full album together, I can tell it's going to be awesome.

slowmotionlife said...

Ahhh... really, really, truly fabulous. You have to hear the song, not just read the lyrics. It's all in the guitar, in the sound of your voice on the Ooohoohooh.. I'm with you. Amazing. You're so good at this! One note - on listening to it several times - the first 1/3 of the song comes off as more of a struggle than the last 2/3's. Have you noticed that yourself? Or is that just a product of its roughness? I love this one. One of your very best!!

Your biggest fan,
Slo

fdtate313 said...

Loving it! Great song!

babyshark28 said...

Finally!! I wasn't waiting long enough for it to buffer..only because it was showing me it wasn't doing so. Anyway...I let it sit longer. It worked. yeah! I do love this song. it's huanting. reminiscent. wistful. I like that. great job freee. I just can't write songs, I have tried, so hats off to you...you talented you you. (I know, that made no sense...oh, well.) take care.

miarenee24 said...

Great lyrics, always so insightful! Never fails, you bring me to tears. Good, cleansing ones. Too speechless to say anything else. Great song ::sigh::