Friday, January 30, 2004

More Randomosities

I ran out of my favorite shampoo and conditioner.  I swear, I've been using Aveda so long I don't even know where to begin when it comes to picking out hair products.  I went to a beauty supply store and asked for help.  That's like a crap shoot.  I probably have better odds in Vegas.  I walked out of there with shampoo, conditioner and a brush.  A brush?  I haven't owned a brush in ... about as long as it had been since I last wore a bra [before the recent events].  When I ran it through my hair I was struck by my own awkwardness.  But just like riding a bike, it all came back to me.  Still not so sure how I feel about the new products though.  I'll give them another try.

I'm exhausted.  I woke up early this morning to get a head start on some work that's been piling up.  I've gotten a lot done but all I want to do is go back to bed.  I haven't been able to shake that morning drudge!  I had my tea.  I walked outside.  I finished scanning pics for a project.  I started the laundry.  I started cleaning.  I still have to finish both.  I have doggies to walk.  I have to prepare for Monday night's recording session. I have plans for both tonight and tomorrow night.  I'm anxious about the weekend.  All I want to do is stay in.  I'm feeling very wintery these days.  Next weekend; no plans.  And that's my final answer [unless that changes - I reserve that right.]

12 comments:

diannevan said...

new shampoo, conditioner AND a brush? We want pictures of before and after!! (and if you feel like showing of your purchase from "recent events" we won't stop you with that one, either!! LOL

andreakingme said...

I use Herbal Essence! You know; that shampoo that makes the user moan in ecstasy. Except it's wasted on me. I don't moan at o' dark thirty, I just groan.

itsjustusinnc said...

OMG! AVEDA!!!!!!!!! Oh that brings back such sweet memories of one of my ex's. And screw bras. I say just go topless all the time period. And unbrushed looks good on you. Don't go changing now. :-)

Gregg

musenla said...

I buy a new shampoo every few months because my hair suffers from shampoo fatigue. Bras are a hassle, but I'm so used to them I can't go out in public without wearing them, I would feel so nekkid.

Busy busy weekend you got, deserves a no-plan weekend for sure!

irun01 said...

I gave up wearing bras a little while ago . . . . didn't like the way the clasp would rub when I was out running. Of course, I also have no hair, so brushes and hair care products are not real useful to me.

slowmotionlife said...

How do you get away without using a brush??? I'm stunned that you could even get away without wearing a bra, but geeeeezzzzzz!!! Don't you get all tangled??

Aveda... nice scent. Your entries are all about scents today. :)

You've been busy. Join the club. ::yawn::

freeepeace said...

DiAnne, pics of me and brush are really not worth much. I'd say don't hold your breath for 'recent events' pics but a vodka martini and a little persuasion might help. :P

Andrea, lol - a little groaning doesn't hurt.

Gregg, I'm with you about bras, really! There's a reason I gave them up years ago. But it's nice to have em around for the sexy-factor once in a while. And don't worry, I won't brush my hair after it's washed. There's a reason I gave up all that stuff too.

freeepeace said...

Mara, It's healthy to switch off. I usually switch between Aveda products. But I needed something fast, cuz I waited till the very last minute...right before I poisoned myself with SUAVE.

Irun, LOL! Try a sports bra!

SloMo, yeah, my hair gets tangled [remember - 2 yrs of dreadlocks] but if I brush it, it looks really bad. I bought the brush for pre-shampooing. Even though I probably won't use it regularly. I'm a wash-n-go kinda gal!

sunflowerkat321 said...

I have the opposite hair problem - straight and limp! Definately wash and go - and additional effort is a waste. Two words....hair ties!

robbygoe said...

How couldd you feel wintery, it was a beautiful day today.

aynetal3 said...

We're with you Freee we think braless is the way to go and if absolutely necessary a sports bra will do. We'll let alone the more sexual comments, although we think Slo was rather forward in thinking about your breasts getting all tangled! :) Our love Jamie

freeepeace said...

Kat, I had my hair straightened once. Loved it - but very damaging! Hair ties are a staple in my house!

Robby, I feel wintery as in internal, introspective, hibernating. It's our weather that keeps me from feeling suicidal. So wintery is a "good" feeling. :)

Jamie, I'm pretty sure you're joking [cuz you made me chuckle] but just to be clear, Slo was referring to my hair getting tangled w/o a brush. Admittedly, tangled breasts is a curious visual. :)