Saturday, January 24, 2004

Books & Journals [1]

Since I didn't go out tonight, I'm shopping online. More like researching - or window shopping.  I wanted to go to a bookstore this afternoon but just didn't have it in me.  Maybe tomorrow.

I don't know what's up with me.  I'm exhausted.  I slept earlier and hallucinated/dreamed.  You know those strange dreams where you can't tell if you're asleep or awake?  Either could be true but the freakiest things happen.  It was one of those dreams within a dream, where I wake up into another dream.  Quite a few of you were there - SloMo, Mia, Irun, Chris, Cheryl, Reza. I'm pretty sure WesSolo and Bridgett were there too.  That means, there were only two people in my dream that I know in real life.  Hello???  Get out more, Freee!

I wanted to go out!  I had plans to go out to West Hollywood for a drink and dinner.  But I'm just so fatigued.  It's a stretch to even sit here and tap-tap-tap on the keyboard with my eyes half-mast.  There's only so much coffee, tea and chocolate this little body can take!

My creativity feels a little squelched.  But I'm going to try not to let it get to me.  I keep looking on my bookshelf [yes, I actually have one...with books even!] hoping to find a good read.  But I don't quite know what I'm looking for.  I can't do fiction.  It's just not my style.  Unless it's a young-reader series by Judy Blume - yeah, I still love her.  I like non-fiction.  True life stuff.  Spiritual, self-help, psychology books.  Geez, that does sound pretty hokey.  Ah, I wear it well.

[continued below]

12 comments:

slowmotionlife said...

If I remember correctly, I've made more than a few of your dreams. And I have work to do, Missy. I can't be just lounging about in your dreams all the time.

And excuse me... we've talked by telephone now. You can consider me a "real life" friend at this point. :P

Chocolate... Ohhhhhh... Mmmmm..... LoL

wessolo said...

Who was I?! Scarecrow? I wanna be Scarecrow, cause we know that Dorothy and S-crow have some secret hot thing going on.
I read Reader's Digest. My grandma sends it to me every month. Love that WordPower.

itsjustusinnc said...

Oooo! Where in West Hollywood were you going? I do occasionally pick up a book on spirituality or psychology. Young readers? Hmmmm. Interesting. :-)

Gregg

babyshark28 said...

hmmm. you dreamed of my husband...but not of me :( I am so sad. ::slinking away::

okay...I am back. Just can't stay away.
anyway..I know how you feel, I felt tired and out of ambition for like a week and a half. I am just feeling like I am gettin' back to normal. It must be a Jan. thing. no fear..your spunky self will return!

now, go take a nap and dream about ME this time....geeeesh. ;)
sharky

freeepeace said...

SloMo, my dear "real life" friend, you can complain about all the work you have to do but you cannot deny you love lounging around in my dreams!

Jamey, Ohhh you are soooo Scarecrow!

Gregg, uhh... err... you nabbed me. I said "a drink and dinner" but what I really meant was "The Pleasure Chest." ::blush::

freeepeace said...

Sharky, maybe my spunky self will return once I take that nap and conjure you up in my dreams!

[is it just me, or did these comments just take a drastic turn? I mentioned dreams in a few lines of this entry and whoooooosh, we're off and running! I'm delirious even in my awake-state! Goodnight!]

krobbie67 said...

I felt the same way yesterday. I wanted to go out. I needed to go out but I just couldn't manage to get myself together to do it. I blame it on my sinuses. But, today, I must go out. I might even breakdown and go for a hike. Regarding reading: If you like Young Reader type reading, one of my all time faves is "I am the Cheese" by Robert Cormier. ---Robbie

geminiwilder said...

Hi Freee....I'm reading a book by Sylvia Browne, you know, that 'hokey' psychic lady that's sometimes on tv...it's 'Book of Angels' and even if it's hokey, it's still interesting stuff to comtemplate......Archangel....Seraphim....cool stuff.
~Cindy

metski715 said...

Freee,
I feel the same way. The weekends finally here and I want to do so much, but Im too tired to go out. I finally forced myself to go out to Best Buy yesterday. That place is the Mecca for dvd shopping. I can spends hours just looking at dvd's. I finally bought A Night at the Roxbury and Private Parts. Maybe next weekend I can talk myself into seeing a movie. Something Ive wanted to do for over a month now.

viviansullinwank said...

{{{{{Free}}}}} we haven't cyber-visited in a while! I hope you've had a chance to get some rest and get rid of the fatigue so your creative juices can flow again!

bridgetteleigh75 said...

Hmmm....dreaming about me now, huh? =) It's funny you mention that...because I had a dream the other night...and you were definately in it! I have no idea what it was about...I just know we were talking. Funny, isn't it?

By the way, I'm on my way to your Website right now, to order your CD! I'm so excited!!

XO ~ Bridgett

ng2000news said...

See also: http://www.ng2000.com/fw.php?tp=books