Wednesday, December 24, 2003

The Year Without A Santa Claus

My roommate, Reza, heard my rendition of O Holy Night and the only thing he had to say was, "Do you have that 'PahRumPahPumPum' song?" [God love my Muslim friend!]  I told him "No, but I have the movie."  So he's in the living room watching The Little Drummer Boy with Hunny. 

I'm in my room watching my favorite Christmas story; the lesser-known, Year Without A Santa Claus.  I've always known it as "The one with Heat Miser."  It's probably about the dumbest story but I love the humor and the rockin' songs by Heat Miser and his dueling step-brother, Snow Miser.

CLICK TO LISTEN TO HEAT MISER'S SONG

CLICK TO LISTEN TO SNOW MISER'S SONG

10 comments:

alphawoman1 said...

Merry Christmas, sweetie.
Mary

musenla said...

Hmm, I've never seen this movie, but those songs are cool. They sound like showtunes, where are me dancing shoes? =D

Happy holidays, chickie!

irun01 said...

This is one of the all time classics. I love Heat Miser and Snow Miser. . . .and I believe that Babyshark has a crush on them . . . . hmmmm. . . . . .

sepintx said...

Snow Miser & Heat Miser! Have'nt seen that in years. There's another one with a walking song. "Put one foot in front of the other" One of the Rudolph claymation shows.

Merry Christmas!

:-)

slowmotionlife said...

Oy! I like that one too!! But I don't have it on video. I have to try and catch it on TV. But it's getting late now. Maybe it'll be on tomorrow? I wish Christmas was 3 days long so I could pack everything I wanted to in it. :(

Merry Christmas, Freee.

itsjustusinnc said...

DO you know how much I love that show the songs are from? LOLOL! Merry CHristmas to you Freee! Have a great one!

Gregg

viviansullinwank said...

Merry Christmas {{{{Free}}} glad Hunny didn't have a bad time with the chocolate. You had me splitting my sides reading about you sniffing your mail from SloMo and Andrea. You're a hoot my friend! Happy Holidays!!

happyb8888 said...

Great songs, Freeee!! Hope you and yours have a truly wondrous season!! Happy Happy, Merrie, Merrie!!

That Happy Chica,
Marcia Ellen

leerluft said...

LOL...I so loved this cartoon. I just sat upstairs this holiday and watched all my old time favorites, and this one was one of them. I haven't seen them in soo long! it was wonderful to just sit up on my couch, under a blanket and bring back that old joy. :) thanks for sharing freee. happy holidays :)

andreakingme said...

You know, I'd forgotten all about this one until I read one of your comments at Muse's Journal. (I think that's where it was ...)

And The Little Drummer Boy was one of my favorites when I was a kid. I always felt so sorry for the poor little drummer boy ...

Sniff.