Tuesday, December 9, 2003

Tuesday Blues

::sigh::  Tuesday already   [right?  It's Tuesday isn't it?]

I'm going to see my friend Jillian Speer play tonight.  You might remember her song, Angel Among Us, from the previous post.  If there's one [other] CD you all must have, it's hers.  Run, don't walk, to her website right now and order it!  I assure you, you will not be disappointed!

Feeling a well of emotions today.  With the launching of my website and then the news of Frank's passing and then wrapping up the Lip Sync show - all on the same day - I just haven't been able to really take it all in.  My sleep is active and restless.  Dreams are out-the-door-off-the-scale-bizarre!

I'm afraid to slow down because I think I might lose it.  Ahh, what does that mean anyway?  Lose it?  I'm sure it would do me some good to whale my guts out for a while.  I can't seem to concentrate on one thing at a time yet I can't concentrate on anything.

[there I go again, just staring off into space...]

Everything is okay, actually.  I don't know what my problem is - I never really do.  But I can't seem to write a song to save my life.  Not that I ever could - my career maybe - not my life!  ::sigh::  But again, what's that about?  I'm motivated and inspired all over the place but I can't seem to put lyrics on a page.  Yeah yeah, trust, I know!  It's all part of the process.  Lyrics will make themselves known when they're ready to be heard.  Blah blah blah

Gotta shake this off ... picking up the guitar...

7 comments:

gvpagenc said...

{{{{{FREEE}}}}}

You've got a lot going on right now-- probably too many things running through your head, too many things you're trying to process. Don't FORCE yourself! Give it some time. Once you slow down (and you will eventually), it'll be easier to find your center, your balance. Take a breath sweetheart. Relax :-)

Gregg

babyshark28 said...

I know how you feel freeepeace. I am trying to get my bearings as well! hmmmm, maybe your words are hiding and want YOU to find them...the discovery is so sweet that way. maybe there just being lazy. maybe these words are selfish...I don't know what I am saying..just rambling ..rambling...rambling.....

irun01 said...

My good thoughts are with you Free. Take your time. Remember, I will now FOREVER be a groupie. I'm a groupie. I'm a groupie.

chefgracegeorge said...

Those dreams of yours might make some good material;)
Slow down and enjoy some Freee time:*

diannevan said...

If I had any talent with the guitar at all, I don't think I'd ever get anything else done. I so admire folks who can put their feelings into music, and you seem so fantastic with doing that from what I've listened to. You'll shake this feeling and then you'll wow us all (again) with your talent. I'll be waiting.

slowmotionlife said...

Good luck with the song-writing. The lyrics will probably be easiest when you're not thinking about them. Pain to wait for, though.. I know.

Hope the Jillian show went well. :)

clarity4today said...

You're probably too stressed to song write at the present, with all these things in your life. I'm sure it will pass quickly. :-)
As for the bizarre dreams, I always take that as a good sign. Your mind is learning,processing, moving through things. I know it will be only a short time before you feel peaceful again. Most things come in phases. :-)
((hugs))
Donna