Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Jillian Speer

Pirate Sister, Jillian Speer, on stage at the Temple Bar in Santa Monica! 

">

She totally rocked the house from here to Zion with praises to spirit, angels, ancestors, the earth, the sky and ourselves.  The place was jam-packed - on a Tuesday night even!  It was so dark.  The only lights were on stage!  She had a long sound check due to an issue with [insert technical mumbo-jumbo here] for her guitarist. But it was well worth the wait.  There were a bunch of us there - front and center!  [Look out - Pirates in the house!]  Cheering, dancing and singing... and snapping photos, of course!  Her encore was a no-go because of time.  ::pout::  Even though the band before her dragged on and on and on - cutting into her time.  [Arrghhh!]  She did say she had a surprise for us...I'm pretty sure that wasn't it.

"> ">

6 comments:

babyshark28 said...

soo, what was the surprise! :)

freeepeace said...

babyshark - the surprise to all of us was: she didn't get an encore. I don't know what it was...it was planned for the encore. ::sigh::

rinakatay21 said...

Sounds like a great show! That sucks about the encore! I hate when opening bands do that!

babyshark28 said...

oooooooooooooooooooooh....ok. *slapping forehead*

slowmotionlife said...

Ohh... I'm diggin' her jeans. Wish I had the belly to go with them. LoL

Just got the Jillian Speers CD from you today, so I'm still wandering through her songs. Her voice is amazing, though.. so fluid, lyrical.

I love live shows. The last one I saw was in Manila and that was 9 months ago?? Eeek!! Note to self: Get out more! LoL

freeepeace said...

Oh SloMo ~ If you lived closer to me I would kidnap you tonight so you could see some live music. [cheaper than a movie!] How about, next time you go out, you see a live show instead of a movie? ...just a thought! And, you could soooooo wear those jeans.