Thursday, December 11, 2003

Highs ...

I feel in-love!  And I love this feeling of in-love-ness! 

I rummaged through the kitchen and found the perfect plasticware to pack up SloMo's chili.  Thought I was gonna have to buy bowls, spoons, etc. when I remembered I had a whole stash left over from my birthday gathering last May!  Score!

It's a strange-weather day.  Bright in some parts of the city.  Dark and gloomy in others.  I went to Venice Beach [my backyard, my home, my heart]  where the sight was humbling.  The winds were so strong the sand was kicking up onto the boardwalk.  Some of the homeless men were bundled up against a cement wall, facing away from the beach.  I asked one of them if he wanted some chili and he smiled and kindly declined [Flashbacks of Thanksgiving a few years ago!]  His friend kindly accepted, "Just a small bowl please."  We exchanged greetings and salutations as I poured his bowl.  I packed up and headed down the boardwalk, looking for my friend Abraham.  I ran into my former landlord who pointed me to Abraham's trailer.  On my way, someone approached, "Excuse me, may I have some soup?"  His friends sent him my way. [Yay!]  "Yes, of course!"  I was disappointed that the chili wasn't as hot as when I left earlier but he didn't mind, "Mmm, great day for chili.  Thank you very much."

I never found Abraham but I did see his friend Diane who gladly accepted the bag - even though she's a vegetarian.  She said she almost wanted to apologize for being vegetarian but we both laughed at the irony!  I told her I'd make it veggie next time!

I snapped a few photos of the leaning palm trees in the wind, waved goodbye to the woolen bundles and got in my car feeling so blessed to have warmth, food, shelter and love in my life.

Dear God, I thank you for this life, this body, this heart, this spirit.  Without you I do not exist.  Thank you for reminding me of the beauty in all beings, in all days, in all moments.  I am blessed.  I am grateful.

5 comments:

itsjustusinnc said...

Ooooo! I haven't been to Venice Beach in...well, YEARS! Ah, sort of missing Cali a little bit now

Gregg

irun01 said...

Beautiful Freepeace. Beautiful Woman. Beautiful Voice. Beautiful Heart.

slowmotionlife said...

I so admire your bravery and your generous spirit. You're always saying I inspire you, but it's YOU who inspire me. What you've done is intimate and wonderful. I feel proud to have - even if in some small & remote way - been involved in this day in your life. I hope you know how special you are, Freee. :)

freeepeace said...

Gregg, come visit anytime, both of you! Irun, thanks for your support - but you're a groupie - obsessed over everything about me, remember? I can't take anything you say seriously ::wink:: [uh-oh, I just winked at my potential stalker] hehehe Slomo, glad I can be for you what you are for me. Our inspiration bounces off each other. I thank spirit for that. Now for pledge/pound #2 - hmmm...

clarity4today said...

Oh, I can't even think of any words. Just that I love this entry and love that kind of thinking. You are such a special person! Your thankfulness is inspiring. Makes me wanna ditch all that complaining I'm guilty of doing. :-/
Donna