Sunday, December 21, 2003

Friday's Gig

">

I don't know why I get myself all worked up over a little gig!  I practically grew up on stage and I get jittery every single time!   I don't remember getting this jittery as a kid.

Friday night was exhilarating.  An intimate, beautiful, supportive group of friends - old and new. 

">

Thank you Mara; for coming all the way to Hollywood, for bringing friends and for being so willing to take [many] pictures!  You're a great friend!

Thank you SloMo; for getting all "gussied up," make-up, hair and all, for hanging out with me "backstage" before I left, and for reminding me of everything I needed to bring...right down to the water bottle. Love you!

Thank you all who left comments, sent emails, ecards and IMs [Babyshark, you're a sweetheart!  Gregg, I cried!]

">

These photos remind me that I tend to keep my eyes closed. [bad habit]  16 pics - no open eyes.  My fault!  Working on it. Playing/singing is meditative for me.  I get distracted with open eyes so I go within to draw upon my experiences and feelings to express them in the song.

">

Closing Song/Chant Dedication:
YoHo's cat, Gracie "Schmoo" - hit by a car just before her very first xmas.
Frank of On Whining Well
Mary, her family, the loss of their home and 2 beloved cats.

16 comments:

viviansullinwank said...

WOW {{{{{Free}}}}} it's great seeing pictures of your performance (thanks Mara)..I'm glad it went well...and I doubt you'd be human if you weren't at least a little bit nervous before a performance.

irun01 said...

Congratulations. Pictures look great. You look like a . . . .Superstar.

isabelzmia said...

Freeeeeeeeeeeee - You ROCK my world!! :-)
xo ~ Isabel

andreakingme said...

Aw. Mara's so lucky! She gotta see you in person. I would've been there clapping and hooting and hollaring for you if I could have (and probably embarrassing you to death and making a fool out of myself, but eh, that's who I am and what I do).

Thanks for posting Mara's pics!!!

itsjustusinnc said...

Woo-hoo! Pics! Coolness! I'm still jealous Mara got to be there! Nerves are a good thing girl! Be glad you still feel those jitters! :-)

Smooches and shiznit,
Gregg

miarenee24 said...

{{{Freee}}} wishing I could've been there! When you tour, you have to come to B'ham! (I hope to have backstage passes) You are a natural. A lot of musicians (the good ones, like yourself) close their eyes when on stage. What else can I say? You look amazing! Thanks for posting the pics and thanks, Mara for taking them! Love you!

micheleandres said...

You must have been great, you look like you were.
When and where next? I want to come.
Congratulations!
~M

leerluft said...

These are so cool, thanks mara. And thanks freee for posting, you know I have been sitting on pins and needles anticipating your entry! :) You know what I loe about these pictures, you look serene and happy. And you know what else? the stickers on your guitar, I look for personal touches to the musicians instruments. It kind of speaks for the musician, an extention to their creativity. I love your hearts! And I agree with everyone else's comments. you rock!

freeepeace said...

Aww - Wish you ALL could've been there! Someday! Viv, Gregg, you're right about nerves - just wishing for a little *less*. Andrea, I'm the same way in the audience! It's expected! Babyluft, you noticed the stickers! Got that guitar for my 13th b-day - the stickers were added about 5 yrs ago! hehe. Irun, Isabel - you're so good to me! Mia, I love you! Michele, nothing scheduled yet. You'll hear! :)

leerluft said...

lol...babyluft... I noticed I typed loe, you do know I meant, love. :)

freeepeace said...

babyLOVE, yes LOVE, I know you meant LOVE, I always think you mean LOVE, no matter how you spell it, it always sounds like LOVE to me! :) xo LOVE!

s0ngbird1962 said...

....Can I have your autograph?? : ) Sounds like Friday night was amazing, way to go Freee....

golferguy1878 said...

Hi I found your sight via IRun and SloMo...they're good friends. I am glad it went well, it seems you have a growing fan club. I will be ordering your CD...hopefully the spirit of christmas (god) will make he season joyful for you.

Tom

slowmotionlife said...

OMG... how beautiful are you?! Great pics. You did a good job with the cropping. They look completely different from the originals. I love it. I know you said you were jittery, but you look completely at home on stage. Fabulous entry. I still wish I could've been there. But I'm so glad Mara acted as official photographer. Thanks, Mara!!!

starlitemaker said...

Trish, I'm so happy that you brought us pictures to enjoy and share your night with us :). So glad everything went well, and how sweet of Mara to be there for you. Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

musenla said...

You look beautiful in the pics (patting me on the back, lol). But I could have sworn I took pics of you with your eyes open, hmm. We had a great time at your show, freee, am glad we made it!