Saturday, November 29, 2003

Saturday's Friday Five

Dangit!  I was trying to avoid this one.  I'm not much of a shopper but I'm feeling the pull during the holiday season.  I DON'T HAVE MONEY TO SHOP!  DON'T LET ME!!  But...but...but... I love Amazon and Half.com and Ebay..... Ohhhhh GOD I've been soooooooo good all year long.  Stop the madness!!!


1. Do you like to shop? Why or why not?
I like to shop for things I like to shop for.  I love buying things for others.  Sadly, if I see something that is just "perfect" for someone, I'll buy that with my grocery money.  [noooo, that's not the reason I haven't been eating]  It just feels good to shop for others.

2. What was the last thing you purchased?
Other than potatoes - I bought used CDs from Second Spin (Eva Cassidy Live and Train)

3. Do you prefer shopping online or at an actual store? Why?
I LOVE shopping online!  My favorite things to buy are used books and CDs.  But I do love going to Fry's and Best Buy (Ohhhh God...stop me!!  stop me now!!)

4. Did you get an allowance as a child? How much was it?
I'm pretty sure I did - I started working when I was 14 so I don't remember having an allowance for too long.

5. What was the last thing you regret purchasing?
Oooh, buyers remorse - that's a big one for me... let's see.  I really haven't done much shopping this year.  And even though I needed the new music, I felt a twinge of regret when I heard the full Train CD.  I love the Angel song though.

5 comments:

slowmotionlife said...

Amazon is great. Definitely one of my fav places to shop. But they're slowly getting more and more expensive. I think I prefer shopping online because I love getting packages in the mail. It's like Christmas anytime of year!! Great entry! [I'm like that about buying gifts for others too. I love finding that perfect gift for someone!! Something that will really light up their face! So much fun!]

grodygeek said...

3. I prefer on-line. I can browse 2-3 clearance sites in half the time and it expends less resources like fuel. (I'm an anti-car kinda guy)
4. I didn't get allowance. I worked for my dough. Our home was heated with wood. I had to chop, carry, and stack it. If I screwed up, getting up for school was cold.
5. Them shirts. I should be spending it on others.
http://journals.aol.com/grodygeek/GrodyLogaLot/

grodygeek said...

1. I like to buy, not shop. If I don't have the money, I can't shop or I'll buy what I can't afford.
2. I bought a bunch of shirts I couldn't afford because they were on the clearance page at jcpenney.com.

gvpagenc said...

Oh Freee I LOVE shopping online too! Something about not having to be bothered with actual people is the allure for me! Believe it or not, I'm really not a people person. So if I can get shopping done (which I don't like to do in the first place) without the hassle of human beings, then I'm all good.

Gregg

andreakingme said...

I haven't bought much online, you know? Hubby won't let me use the credit card.

Probably a good idear ...