Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Power of Prayer

My recording sessions have been put on hold for at least the next couple of weeks.  But for very understandable, sad and scary reasons.

MusicMan's beautiful wife is a breast cancer survivor.  Recently a newly formed lump was discovered in one of her breasts.  They are not taking any chances with this.  There will be tests upon tests this week and next Monday she will undergo surgery to remove the lump in her breast. 

I was shocked to find out she had already survived breast cancer just a few years ago.  She's young - my age, perhaps younger.  She's a dedicated mother of two beautiful children - ages 5 and 7.  She lives for them.  Storytime with them is the most important part of her day, she says.  She's a strong working woman, with a warm heart and a generous spirit.   MusicMan adores her; practically worships the ground she walks on (we should all be so blessed). 

She was about to begin yoga classes at the studio this week in exchange for my recording time.  But she's saying she won't be able to start till after the first of the year now.  Sounds hopeful.  Yoga is always here for her.

I believe in the power of prayer and affirmation.  I wish you well Laura.  You are loved.

9 comments:

musenla said...

my gosh, what sad news. my thoughts and prayers are with her and her family and with you, freee. being the loving spirit that you are i'm sure you're very worried. hopefully, the early detection will help cure her once and for all.

babyshark28 said...

well, I will be praying..that's a scary thing! She is a lucky women to have such a devoted husband by her side during this difficult time. Thanks for sharing Freeepeace.

gvpagenc said...

Yikes! That's very sad indeed. Especially for one so young. My grandmother won that battle (so far anyways ::fingers crossed::). I'm seeing alot of love going around in these journals and it really warms the heart.

Gregg

irun01 said...

Thanks for sharing this freepeace. Laura will be in my thoughts and prayers

raisinglouisiana said...

Send well wishes and prayers to your friend Laura
from me, I hope all goes well.
Love, Penny

isabelzmia said...

{{{{Laura}}}}}
Many healing thoughts & energy for you...
~ Isabel

slowmotionlife said...

My prayer list today is growing infinitely large. There's always room, though. Breast cancer is one that really frightens me. I don't know why. I think because it creates not only a physical sickness.. but also an emotional one. It not only wounds the body - it wounds the ego, the soul. It takes something from women that most women take for granted. Ahhh... "I believe."

diannevan said...

I wish her well. The good news is that breast cancer has a very high cure rate and she seems to be on top of things.
The irony about your post is that before I popped over here, I was writing a post in my journal about cancer, too. There we go, being kindred spirits again.

donwest70 said...

Check out this website for a truly great surprize on cancer answers. Do not let the gov.document scare you before you get into the cases of people who are supposed to be dead and buried. website below.


www.geocities.com/west19322003/mypage.html