Thursday, November 20, 2003

not-so-sexywebcamgrlfreeepeace

Welcome to the wonderful world of FreeePeace.  A place where magic... just won't let itself happen!  Grrrrr!!  I've spent the entire week trying to get my first video entry underway.  I keep running into technical problems.  I'd like to publicly thank Isabel for her time and effort in actually talking me through troubleshooting steps.  She has truly gone above and beyond the call of friendship.

I've removed programs.  I've deleted files.  I've rebooted over and over.  I've closed background tasks.  So far, no luck.  I have a Logitech QuickCam Messenger.  It's the funnest little toy (well ::ahem:: one of the funnest) but I'm about to chuck it into L.A. traffic because of this annoying problem!  If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix my technical problems, please pass them my way.

Isabel and I both agree that the quality of this video is worse than a badly overdubbed Kung-Fu movie.  The audio is just way ahead of the video.  And aside from looking like a complete dork in pictures... I now risk looking like an absolute moron on video!  Ah well, that's what this whole journal-thing is about anyway right?  I'm here, taking risks, putting myself out there for the world (all ten of you) to see and hear.  Truthfully, this is more nervewracking than singing in front of hundreds.  Eh, c'est la vie!

note:  If you have trouble launching the video, try it outside of the AOL software.  For some reason, that's what I have to do.  Ack.  More technical problems!

11 comments:

raisinglouisiana said...

Well, I see what you mean about it starting slow
and having the overdubbed thing, but right at the
end it was in sync...in spite of your technical diffs.
it's nice to hear your speaking voice and see your
personality shine thru! I just see this as your debut!
But not the last of little moving pictures in your journal..
I'm wishing I knew how to do neat stuff like that!
~~Penny~~

diannevan said...

Woo Hoo! sexywebcamgrlfreeepeace speaks!!

s0ngbird1962 said...

Free!!!!!! Ok, so it was a bit like watching a kung-fu movie dubbed in English, but it was soooo cool to hear your voice & see your sweet personality shine thru. BTW: you don't look like a dork in pictures and definitely not a moron in the video. Love thyself Peace, you are a beautiful person....

sepintx said...

I'll try to help with the cam, but what are you tring to do? Looks like still images are no problem for you. What options with the cam and the cam's software are not working.

I'll downlod all the videos this weekend as I am slow connection :-)

musenla said...

muse<---clueless. what's a quickcam messenger?

babyshark28 said...

I thought that was GREAT! your voice is smooooth girl! I want another video entry!!!! and what a smile. It's funny how you put people together, first it's with your words, then your voice - singing, then your face, then...the total package. what a wondeful journey it is getting to know YOU. you rock.

irun01 said...

I thought it was great. Thanks for sharing.

isabelzmia said...

You *rawk* Freee! :-)
Along with what Sepintx says - Yes, I would look into the camera settings (if any - sometimes they don't!) and see if you can play around with the camera. Perhaps try recording a smaller piece (maybe only a few seconds and a file less than 5mb see if that makes any difference. Also - it might help to "re-install" the camera. You can do so by removing the camera from your computer (and device manager) and let windows recognize it again.

slowmotionlife said...

OMG... I soooooooo want the blame for inspiring you to to this. LoL GREAT video, doll. You're too friggen cute. And who are you kidding? Last one. Pah!! We want music videos. Say What Karaoke!!!! Bring out the guitar. I love it! And I luv you too, of course! :)

amk829 said...

Hey Freepeace! I did some research about webcams and I found this site.... http://www.techtv.com/callforhelp/webworkshop/story/0,24330,2354485,00.html I'm now updating my journal more so come check it out! :-) Andrew

gvpagenc said...

Oh Free! Sorry bout the problems and all. I'm about to do ANOTHER house cleaning (these things come more & more frequently these days UGH!) but aren't you the lovely one :-) And I agree with SloMo! And since she wont do any Janet Jackson, perhaps your arm can be twisted?:-)

Gregg