Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Giving Thanks - a Beginning

The holiday season is my favorite time of year.  Of course, I find myself saying that about each season's beginning.  But like many, I tend to count my blessings a little more around this time of year.  As I reflect on the past few years my heart fills with a compassionate ache. I've learned so much in such a short time.  For that I'm thankful.

I may not always say it - or choose to recognize it - but these are things I'm thankful for on a daily basis: Breath. Friends & Family. Forgiveness. Truth.  Reflection.


More specifically, in this moment I am thankful for:

Spirit.  Spirit reminds me to breathe and holds my hand through life.
My best friend, Cheryl, for teaching me how to love through her never-ending love.
My wise friend, Jennifer, for her reflection and commitment to truth-seeking.
My sweet friend, SloMo, for her inspiration, enthusiasm, support and love (just WAIT till you see what she's done!!!)
My doggie, Hunny
, for teaching me about detachment and letting go through her unconditional love.
My roommate, Reza, for being the most generous, easy-going roommate in the world!  I'm not easy to live with.  He makes it easy.
My new journal friends - all of you - for holding the space for my process during my highs and my oh-so-lows.
My AOL-Journal, for providing me with an outlet, support, inspiration and a way to keep myself in check.  It's taken on a life of its own.  It's a good reminder that the journey happens.  It can't be planned.  It just is.

This is just a start.  There comes a time when words just cannot express the depth of gratitude. 

 

4 comments:

s0ngbird1962 said...

Awww Freee, very nice heartfelt list. Hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow, any chance of webcam pics showing you eating mashed potatoes? LOL, thinking some people still might want proof... : )

slowmotionlife said...

"This is just a start. There comes a time when words just cannot express the depth of gratitude." <----- I tend to agree with that. So I won't say much. Except that I love you. And you're wonderful. And I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, sweetie. :)

P.S. Songbird has a point about those mashed taters. We wanna see your mouth full this time. ::hand on hip::

gvpagenc said...

"We wanna see your mouth full this time" SEE? Slo Mo agrees with me! We can't BOTH be wrong! Open-mouth, food-eating Webcam pics! But on a serious note, it's nice to see everyone giving thanks & feelin grateful. Not enough of that going around in the world these days.

Gregg

irun01 said...

Happy Happy Thanksgiving to you