Saturday, November 22, 2003

Friday Five

~ continued from above ~

After about an hour, I started to calm myself down when my phone rang!  ::gasp::  It was my roommate. "Please tell me that was you at the front door earlier."  It wasn't him.  ::ACK::  He convinced me to call him - and keep calling - until he answered if that were to ever happen again.  He will run over here (literally, the hospital is across the street).  He reminded me that Hunny wouldn't let anyone get to me.  I began to calm down.  The winds are still strong and there are sounds that I don't recognize but I'm sure it's because I'm overly sensitive in this moment.  Night time terror ... it's got to be the worst!

I thought the Friday Five would help clear my mind  ::sigh::  I worked all day today so I missed my chance to get this in earlier.  Ah well, here's hoping I'll get some sleep tonight!

1. List five things you'd like to accomplish by the end of the year.
Get at least one new daily doggie-client. Write one new song.  Play a gig.  Paint my bedroom walls. Solve my web-cam issues.

2. List five people you've lost contact with that you'd like to hear from again.
Donna (college mentor). Jay (ex-boyfriend). Dawn (college friend). Pam (first L.A. friend). Sister Virginia (first grade teacher).

3. List five things you'd like to learn how to do.
graphic design, teach yoga, surf/snowboard, speak Spanish, love unconditionally

4. List five things you'd do if you won the lottery (no limit).
Take care of friends and family. Pay off debt. Record a kick-ass album. Go on a crazy shopping spree at Best Buy and Fry's Electronics. Buy a home/land for me, all my friends, our kids and pets so we can live in community, be creative, do yoga and rescue stray animals.

5. List five things you do that help you relax.
write. yoga. talk with friends. walk my dog. play guitar/sing.

8 comments:

isabelzmia said...

Eeeep! I would've been a-scared too! Glad you're okay!
About spanish - you can do it!! If you need help, let me know! :-)
xo ~ Isabel

andreakingme said...

Good Friday 5 answers. I like the idea about buying enough land so that a group of your favorite people could live close together. Hmmm.

I have a question about that call box/buzzer for your secure building. Can you respond by asking who's at the door (without buzzing them through)?

irun01 said...

Brave Freepeace. Of course, I am locked into that stereotypical role of having to go check it out when I really probably would have wanted to just wet my pants . . .

freeepeace said...

Isabel - thanks for the vote of confidence and the offer for help w/Spanish. I'll keep it in mind :)
Andrea - yes, the call box has the option to talk, listen and 'buzz in' - but one of my terrifying thoughts was that the buzzer was a decoy and there was someone already in the apartment - just waiting for me to open my bedroom door (which doesn't even have a lock, btw) freakish-terror!
Irun - LOL - I hear you. I'm grateful for your gender-role though! hehehe

diannevan said...

Freee... I think the bravest part was NOT answering the call box. I would have had to have asked who it was, otherwise my mind would never be able to stop. It's kinda like when you just sit down on the favorite seat in the house and the phone rings... how many times have I made done the "quick wipe and fast shuffle to the phone with pants around my ankles" rather than letting my wonderful answering machine do the job?

babyshark28 said...

ahh, great friday five, my favorite...love unconditionally. cool.

slowmotionlife said...

There's something to be said about this "Friday Five" thing. I definitely get a clearer picture of who you are in just 5 small questions. Amazing....

Question: Did you ever figure out who was at the door??? Perhaps it was opportunity? Did you ever think about that?! ::wink::

musenla said...

aww freee, so sorry for your scare. i don't live alone and never had that happen to me, but i'm just imagining if that was the case, what would i do? i'd probably just freeze right on the spot and not breathe!