Sunday, October 26, 2003

what time is it

Well, I figured out what it is that I do with that "whole extra hour" each fall.  I spend the entire day befuddled by every single clock in my pathway!

The clock in my car is eternally stuck on daylight savings time.  I know there's some simpleton way to change the time but I never seem to figure it out until the next time change.  So for the next few months I expect my car to be one hour ahead.

Somehow I managed to change the time on my favorite ten-dollar-Target-kid's-digital watch - but in the process, I also changed the date, set the alarm and it's now permanently on military time.

My cable box and VCR both have clocks on them - and they sit, one on top of the other.  So last night I kept my eye on the VCR time because I expected the cable box time to change automatically (big brother cable companies - don't get me started on the computer and cell phone clocks! )  Well, I was up very late - you know, doing all the things I was eager to complete in that one extra hour.  So when I went to bed, the cable box and VCR both read "2 AM" - Great!  In my mind, that meant it was really 1 AM.  Not bad!  But when I looked at that stupid hand-me-down alarm clock by my bed, it read "3 AM" - How could that be?!  Took me a while to figure out that while the cable box had already changed time, the VCR had freakishly done the same on its own!

So I don't know what time I went to sleep last night.  I felt so tired, I was just glad to have the extra hour.  Ironically, I woke up earlier than ever this morning - Did you know 6:00 comes twice a day?!

8 comments:

aynetal3 said...

*Giggle* When you are up to speed with this new revelation of being two 6's in a day, we'll be over here ready to tell the stories of 4's & 5's!

Our love,
Sarah

babyshark28 said...

lol...I can hear your "Come on Girls" every five minutes, with you bopping on and off aol. I like your entry by the way...and yes, I have heard rumors of 6 coming twice in a day. ;)

freeepeace said...

argh! i keep getting booted because of the music loop and aol automatically restarts. it can't be half as annoying for you as it is for me...but then again, i'm not the ones having to listen to my buddy sound every few minutes. LOL

s0ngbird1962 said...

Had no problems hearing your "Walls of Pain" song...Was just shocked to hear music because I knew I hadn't clicked on anything. You're very talented...

babyshark28 said...

yes...woo hoo! I can hear the song finally. and it's very good. thank you freee!

andreakingme said...

I wouldn't have had a clue either. Me and time don't get along very well (the only inanimate thing that seems to like me is my electronic toothbrush).

Don't you love living by a clock? Bah!

raisinglouisiana said...

I finally got to hear your song too, and I've been
back here a few times to listen to it, I love it.
In my quiet reflection time, this is the only song
I've listened to while journaling, please take that
as a sincere compliment. I suites my way of
"feeling" right now. Love ya, Penny

musenla said...

oops, thanks for reminding me about my car clock, argh.