Thursday, October 30, 2003

Paying it Forward

Freeepeace's favorite new AOL-J HotSpots!  These journals may not be new but just like an NBC rerun, "If you haven't seen it, it's new to you."

Cynicism as an Art Form - art, theatre, kids and a life complete with an imaginary pet llama named Fletcher!  I laugh so much my throat hurts!  She's climbing higher on my "must sees" every day.

My Unvarnished Truth - Donna is "the one in charge of the madness."  I love her because she's down-to-earth, funny and heart-warming. You might find an occasional pic of her beautiful son Colton, or some animated image but (thanks to dial-up) her journal isn't bogged down with a bunch of tricks and fluff.  It's just honest and real.

Blah Blah Blog - I've mentioned her before... way back when I was "a corner coffee shop."  She's been outta the loop for a few weeks because of a disconnected telephone - thanks to her ex-hubby. She's back and full of spunk. Today she's a single mom with two toddlers and a gay sidekick, Lonny (who, for a long time I thought was some kind of pet).
 
DJ's Mind Maze - DJ - her name and her nickname!  She's a veterinary technician - One of the biggest animal lover's on the planet. Read this tidbit about her and see why it's exciting that she's about to move out of her parents' home and into her own apartment for the very first time.
 
7th Grade Life - Imagine a world of homework, sibling rivalry, video games, chores, crushes and AOL-Journals at age thirteen!  This is Andrew.  He'll tell you all about his "boring" day at school and sometimes he'll throw in a hint about the girl he likes.  He's intelligent, very friendly and loves to write.

8 comments:

derossetfamily said...

I just checked out 7th Grade Life, what a smart kid! You can tell through his writing he is going to go very far. I'm going to go check out the rest of these now, it's always refreshing to read new journals, thanks!
~Mary

clarity4today said...

Oh my gosh. I knew you said you put my journal here, but I didn't know you said such nice things! ::sniff:: That's so sweet, and thank you for mentioning it. :-)

chefgracegeorge said...

freep~ thanks for the recommendation! I hope I can live up to it! Where do I send your nomination to the Mutual Admiration Society? ooxx

andreakingme said...

You're such a sweetie, Feep! Thanks for talking about these Journals. It's always nice to see the little insights on why each person chooses to read them.

babyshark28 said...

Well, nominated...but, I vote for you on this one!

babyshark28 said...

Congratulations!! yea...best new journal!!!

gvpagenc said...

Ah. I haven't heard any of these before I don't think. I'll have to check them out. And Congrats on your own nominations! :-)

hempenhomespun said...

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoy my journal. (Sorry about your throat!) It's nice to know that someone BESIDES me laughs at those entries.