Thursday, October 16, 2003

I'm In Love

:::sigh:::   For the past 6 months I've been listening to this man  practically non-stop.  Each week I find something new and exciting about his music.  I love his cute falsettos.  He's funny, spontaneous and a vivid storyteller.  When he sings, he adds a whole bunch of words (and non-words) to his already ingenious lyrics. And that lisp!  :::melt:::  I remember reading about him last year when I heard his single release, The Remedy  on the radio.  He's deep and spiritual (love that).  He's even got a journal.  He wears a hat (like me).  And he's calm, cool and collected.  He makes my heart go pitter-patter.  And hey, I'm a fence-hopper so Jason, if you're reading this, will you marry me?  Of course, what I really mean is, will you please live up to the projection of who I want you to be for the rest of my life?  I'll Do Anything cuz I ghatz the poison!

And you absolutely positively must watch the live acoustic performance of I'll Do Anything - and while you're at it, watch You and I Both.

4 comments:

slowmotionlife said...

Oh, he's a cutie!! It's funny how you sometimes get a sense of KNOWING someone just by listening to their voice, their lyrics, or reading their words. I tend to fall in love with all my favorite authors, and I have a precise idea of what they're like, though I doubt seriously if I'm anywhere close. Ah well... great entry.

babyshark28 said...

"maybe it's time i get an assistant. simply to have a friend everywhere i go. someone to always agree with me and allow me to complain from time to time. maybe someone to massage my feet, feed me grapes or wave big banana leaves at my face." Jason Mraz ...hey..there you go..job open for you to adore him full time.. lol. great entry!

rinakatay21 said...

He is a cutie and I was totally addicted to The Remedy a few months ago. =) Isn't he from San Diego? I think so.

freeepeace said...

Slo - I hear you sister. although, it's a little out of character for me to get all flittery over a musician. his music and lyrics drew me in but it was his website with interviews and journal entries that sealed the deal. ok, that AND his hat!

Babyshark - wow, you actually read his journal. thanks for pointing that quote out, i'll call him on it when he emails me after reading my entry. ::wink::