Friday, October 31, 2003

Celebrating Excellence

What a day in in Journal-Land.  The nominees have been announced for the AOL-Journal Awards - Celebrating Excellence.  A big huge thank you goes to Vivian and her hard-working team for putting this whole thing together!  A big huge slobbering thank you goes to all who voted.  Without your participation... well, there wouldn't be a contest.  A big huge slobbering, blubbering thank you goes to all who nominated this Livingroom Superstar on her Journey to Peace for Best New Journal category.  I'm thrilled to be sitting up here with my peers and so many of my favorite journals.  I'm also bummed because a bunch of my favorites didn't get nominated.  But I really think it's because there are only ten categories this first time around.  I imagine there will be more in the future.  I'll be posting some more of my personal favorites in the weeks to come.

Be sure to visit all the nominees.  And remember to vote for your favorite in each category.  The polls are open from Saturday November 1st through Saturday November 8th.

I joke about being competitive (because I am) but sincerely, I am honored just to have been recognized by my peers.  We are all winners just by being here. It takes great strength and courage to express our art, our writing, our spirit in the world.  Congratulations to the entire AOL-Journal Community!

16 comments:

raisinglouisiana said...

Nice to see that one of my faves
made the honored list...
Best of Luck to you on the final vote.
Love, Penny

aims814 said...

Congrats!!! You're doing such a fine job here. Stephen and I have to have our "Journey to Peace" fix, every evening now. btw.. he got lots of candy this evening and this time, he has sweet, sloppy kiisses that he is sending to you! LOL!

hempenhomespun said...

Congrats on your nomination! Best of luck!

sonensmilinmon said...

I happened to be 'link hopping' and was lead to your wonderful down to earth journal. I truly enjoyed reading ... thanks for sharing your thoughts and writings with others.
Smilin Mon

maydeeday said...

It is sooo wonderful that you were elected honey. I'm kinda jealous though. Out of all the categories and 3 journals for each, mine never got nominated..*sob*. Ok, I'm over it now..lol. Hope you win honey.........Meredith

babyshark28 said...

Best of luck to ya freeepeace...we are all winners because we share! but, of there has to be an award for something like best new journal.....you are my pick.
amy

musenla said...

congratulations, freee! your journal is so honest and real, we your readers can't help but take the ride along with you. best of luck with the journal awards!

chefgracegeorge said...

WTG freep! Don't forget all us little peeps on your way to the big time;) Don't forget to SLOW DOWN sometimes girlfriend.
ooxx

isabelzmia said...

Congrats!! :-)
~Isabel

his1desire said...

congrats on making it to the nominations freee !!! isn't this just so exciting? lol
i wish you the best of luck and hope your heart can take this excitement cause i'm not so mine can
warm hugs and thanks for giving us all some great reading to fill our days :)
pamela

happyb8888 said...

Indeed, Viv has worked very hard on this. She's to be commended muchly. And you too, Freebie. I've always enjoyed your particular outlook on life. Good luck in the voting!! :)

That Happy Chica,
Marcia Ellen

slowmotionlife said...

Congrats on your nomination, doll!!! Woot!! I'm so excited. Several of my best picks made it. Now I'm going to plug you senselessly! LoL And gosh-dernit, I missed you!!!!

babyshark28 said...

lol..I am reading my comment over again...and I don't even know what I am saying! lol...I think I had a couple of drinks... ha ha. anyway...best of luck to you freeegirl!

slowmotionlife said...

I demand to know when you're going to update your journal. How am I supposed to plug you senselessly when you give me nothing to work with. Snap to it, woman! [That's it.. no more late-night gossiping sessions with you. I'm interfering with your journal time! We just can't have it. LoL]

sepintx said...

Congratulations and smile for the camera!

clarity4today said...

I was so glad to see your journal listed there!! Congratulations, because it definitely deserves the honor. :-)