Monday, September 22, 2003

Middle of the Night - exhausted

2:22am PDT - Yikes!  I'm really tired.  I just couldn't go to bed, leaving the first page blank!  It's not like I have to be up at the crack of dawn like so many others.  I'm more of a night-owl anyway.  But I do have to be mobile by 10am.  I know, for some that's already their 2nd or 3rd coffee break.  I'm not complaining.  I'm grateful for the life I've created.  I love being a dogwalker.  There's nothing better than setting a pack of apartment-dogs "free" in an oversized outdoor playpen - cheerfully referred to as "the dogpark".  Those two little words still make my 8 1/2 year-old, four-legged daughter go wild with joy.  She changed my life.  Afterall, if she hadn't adopted me 8 years ago, I might still be among those looking forward to that 2nd coffee break at 10am today!

1 comment:

coy1234787 said...

  Hi Free, I'm taking a little time to read a few older entries from some of my favorite J-land writers. Amazing what jewels you can pick up when you start to read this old stuff.
    SloMo's journal was the very first journal that I ever read, seeing it inspired me to hit the create your own journal button and start Dancing in the Rain. I found your journal and Penny's journal linked there, for the longest time they were the only journals that read.
    I doubt that any of us had any idea what an adventure was waiting for us here when we first came to J-land.
                                               *** Coy ***