Friday, September 26, 2003

in this moment...

Anxiety - I guess that's what it's called.  I wonder how we know what labels to put on things such as emotions.  Some describe anxiety to be jittery and heart-racing.  Others use such words as heavy and overwhelming.  For me it feels speedy and unsettling.  I worry about getting up in the morning - fear.  This one's unexplainable.  That's a tough one for me, not to be able to cognitively define my reactions.  Perhaps that's the struggle... my brain is trying to control my body... instead of letting go and allowing the natural process of whatever is to come.  It takes quite a few conscious breaths for me to reach a point of release and ease.  In this moment I'm grateful for my yoga practice.  I'm grateful for breath.  I'm grateful for life and all that surrounds me.  I'm grateful for all of life's lessons - even the shitty ones.  I may not always feel good about it but in this moment I'm grateful for the wisdom to know that everything is "perfect" as it is.  And in this moment I remember perfection is imperfect - therefore everything is perfect.

1 comment:

jevon761 said...

Anxiety, fear of the unknown sucks. It's unsettling, overcomplicates life and can make things downright miserable. I often laugh at the saying, "Trust your gut instincts" as my instincts normally point to the worse possilbe solution. Great approach to step back and look at all of the great things that occur in our lives that we take for granted.