Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Cold Sweats

It's 100 degrees up in Topanga today - but only 75 down the hill in Santa Monica.  Makes for tough wardrobe decisions.  Though, if that's the most of my worries today, then I'm set for life.  I'm getting ready to record my album.  It's about time!  I've had the material ready for at least 5 years.  Told you I am a big procrastinator.  Not only that but I'm also a perfectionist.  I guess it's safe to say, I've perfected the art of procrastination!

I've been in deep introspection for the last couple of days.  Doesn't take much to get me there.  Each time seems more profound than the last.  As I'm shifting patterns, reprogramming and unlearning all the not-so-healthy ways of being, I recognize that the "lag time" gets shorter and shorter.  Lag time being the time between the action and the reaction.  It's one thing to understand ourselves on a cognitive level.  It's a completely different experience when we begin to change that which we know (or which we think we know).

I'm not an avid reader but what I do read, soaks deep into my core.  Emmanuel's Books (by Pat Rodegast) have been at my bedside for almost ten years.  I can open to any page at any given moment and be reminded of truth.  It is the pathway to freedom.

2 comments:

curvyanglintexas said...

I decided to start from the beginning of your journal and ordered that book based on your recommedation :)

coy1234787 said...

   I will definatly check out Emmanuals book, it would not be the first great recomendation I have gotten from you. The Artist Way and the Morning Pages were a greatly appreciated recomendation. Thank you.
                   *** Coy ***